August 12, 2010

Enjoy the Ride

A few years ago, my husband and I did something we both had been dreaming of for a long time: we took a hot air balloon ride. Despite the height, it wasn't a bit scary. It was actually quite peaceful to be up in the air over beautiful Napa valley in the early morning light. Our pilot explained that he can try to find different air currents, but he can never be sure exactly where the balloon will end up. The point of the ride, as opposed to, say, an airplane flight, is most definitely the journey, not the destination.

I've used this experience as inspiration for my latest Gocco print, a reminder to slow down and savor the process!


When I'm creating, I tend to be a very results-oriented person. If I'm unable to complete a project when or as I want to, it really makes me unhappy, and can ruin the whole experience for me. This is something I'm working on. Ironically, this project tested my mindset. Gocco in general tends to have highs and lows for me: glee when things work as planned, despair as little mistakes happen and prints don't come out.

These prints were created during my sister-in-law's visit. She's my crafting buddy, but we live several states apart, so we had to plan some dedicated time to set aside responsibilities and create! We brainstormed a lot of ideas, printed, painted, designed, crafted, created. Such a fun time (which I will always think of when I look at these prints).


If you or someone you know needs a reminder to live a bit more in the moment, you can find these Enjoy the Ride prints (in both sunrise and sunset colors) in my shop.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I always wonder what it would be like to be up in the air. You must have had a great experience!

Love the blue balloon by the way :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment. It was a wonderful time up there in the air!