October 9, 2011

Quick Fall Fix


fallleaves

The weather's been gorgeous in my corner of the world this past week. The leaves are all changing but the temperature's been rather warm. Bright blue skies and vibrant fall leaves are so pretty together, don't you think?

So I made a trip to the Arboretum the other day and felt like doing some autumn crafting afterwards. I decided on a quick fall fix and knitted up this leaf dishcloth from a free Ravelry pattern.

 leafdishcloth

I love how fast dishcloths knit up and how you can put them to practical use right away. Eventually I'd like a rainbow of dishcloths, and this will be my orange.

While I have some bigger projects in the works, this seemed like a good fit for Stitched in Color's Celebrate Color event. Bright orange leaf? Very colorful and  autumnal-y. Check out the event, it's fun seeing what everyone is inspired to create by the loveliness of fall colors.


Hope the weather is great wherever you are and that you're enjoying the fall!

0 comments: