December 3, 2010

Mug Rugs Sent and Received

Round 2 of the Scrappy Mug Rug Swap has been completed! (For me and my partners, anyway.) Just wanted to post pics of the completed mug rugs, sent and received.


This is what I came up with for my partner. From her inspiration mosaic and her emailed information, I knew she loved bright colors, coffee, and Denyse Schmidt's Flea Market Fancy. (A word on FMF: I had not really used it before, and I ended up doing a little splurge and getting some to use for my partner to be sure she'd like her mug rug. AND I ended up a FMF fan as well. Look out!)


The mug in the middle is from some Heidi Kenney Spoonflower fabric which I think is just too cute! I also added in a FMF coffee cozy (and I love how my partner yarntini is using it!) and some bonus recipe cards.


And check out what I got! This was made by grant_and_kelly. I love the Far Far Away fabric she chose and how it looks almost like you are peeking through a window at the owl and the pussycat. The big hexes are great and I love the quilting too.


Know what else is cool? The mug rug is totally reversible, with a cute Rapunzel on the back (and what looks to me like another window). (Am I window obsessed?)


She sent some great extras, too. Those cookies are like Thin Mints on steroids. Yum.


This swap was a lot of fun, maybe I'll try and get in for round 3, too! 

1 comments:

Kelly said...

i'm so glad you liked it! i love the one you made for your partner, too. :)