In the letters included in The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt book, those farmers' wives are all so... plucky! They are positive about all the joys of being on the farm, working hard and enjoying nature and family. But I know they also had tough times. Times when the rain didn't come or when too much rain came or when money was tight or when they were tired. But it seems they pressed on and kept cheerful. I'm trying to be like those farmers' wives. Because it was a tough week for me with these blocks.
The process was not so fun with the sewing this time. I kept having issues with my bobbin thread getting tangled up. I'd stop and sort it out only to have it happen again. And again. I took everything apart, made sure things were clean, and had a crazy time trying to make it stop! I've been worried that my old machine is wearing out and just not working like it used to. I should probably take it in just for a checkup (tuneup, whatever you call it for your sewing machine).
Anyway, I think I finally figured out my problem. It seems that the little replacement bobbins I bought for extras are just a teeny tiny bit too loose, making things skip and jump and generally messing me up. Grr.
Overall I'm happy with how my blocks came out, I just wish I had enjoyed making them more. I'm planning on breaking into templates with my next batch. So hopefully next week will be all smooth sailing!
Here's all my blocks together so far!