August 19, 2011

4 more 4 the farmer

The farmer and I took a little break there. But we're back together and moving right along.

With these latest blocks I had a few goals in mind. First, to add in some blues, and second to try out the templates.

I really like the addition of the blues and think it will blend in nicely with my other blocks. And the templates were great fun and very helpful. I like the little notches built into them. They work great!

4 more 4 the farmer by Wendymoon Designs

4 more 4 the farmer, a photo by Wendymoon Designs on Flickr.

About the blocks:

Windmill - switched the colors up from how they were in the book, but I really love how this came out.

Ribbons - great pattern that I'm not sure I did full justice to. I was a bit sloppy with my cutting on this one. But I love the blues together!

End of Day - with a name like that, I was inspired to use warm sunset colors. I love the result! And the templates worked great on this one.

Attic Windows - first in the book, took me a while to get to it. Blues and templates along with reds and pinks to tie this set together.

These four bring my current tally of Farmer's Wife quilt blocks to 14!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blocks are really really pretty!