September 30, 2009

Sock Monkey PJs

As soon as I saw the "Goodnight Monkey" fabrics by Erin Michaels for Moda, I knew I had to have some. The cute little sleepy-time monkeys were just screaming out to be made into pjs. And they come in flannel -- even better!

Thanks to a pattern sale and the Sew Mama Sew September Pajama Party Sew-Along, I finally finished up some pj pants. (Just in time, too!)


No, I didn't make the pj shirt or slippers I'm sporting here, although I had been putting off mending that Paul Frank monkey shirt, and making the pajama pants motivated me to finish.

The pattern I used was Simplicity 2821, and it was very easy and fast. (I mean, we're talking about elastic waist pants here.) The pattern also includes a pajama top, which I might still make. I need more fabric for that, though. (Btw, I bought this fabric at Whipstich on Etsy, where there's currently a flood sale going on. Check it out for some bargains!)


Although I followed the measurements to get my size, I think I actually could have gone a size smaller for these. Since I am short I also had to move the waistband. They still seem baggy, but I guess that's ok for pjs.

Finished sewing the pants yesterday and broke them in last night. They are super comfy! I love the flannel and the fabric design (Monkey in the Moon = sock monkeys in a night sky with stars and bananas for moons). I think today might have to be a stay-in-your-pjs-all-day day!

2 comments:

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i so want to make PJ pants!! you may have given me the push i needed!

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.